Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Toastmasters chinese new year gathering

I first came to know Toastmasters way back in 1997 and have been a member since then with the exception in 2003 -2006 which I took temporary leave to pursue my Masters. Toastmasters is a great way to develop your speaking skills in a positive and supportive environment. I highly recommend it to anyone who has no experience in public speaking. Once equip with the basic skills, I began to invest in books, audios and videos on the techniques used by the professional speakers. One effective way to leap frog your growth in the speaking arena is to engage a speaking coach which can be found over the Internet. My favourite coach is Patrcia Fripp and Darren LaCroix.
Aside from learning to speak in public, we also have the opportunity to harness our leadership capabilities by taking part in running the club. This year , I was given the privilege to serve as the President the second time round and enjoy doing it because of a strong team supporting me.
It is always interesting and eye opening to sit and dine with Mr. Lim Phang Maw, we would talk anything from the latest gadget, politics, economics and anything under the sun. He has vast general knowledge in many things.

I vote that the fish curry was best dish of the evening even though a little oily. Nevertheless can work it out the next day.


Starting from the left Amy Sim (Vice Pres. Membership), Theresa Ong (Secretary), Tan Chui Eng (Vice Pres. Public Relation) and Mr Lim Phang Maw (Tan C.E hubby)



From the Left, my good friend Pengiran Wahed, Albert Sim (Past Immediate President), Bridget Wong (Sergeant at Arms)


From the left, our strong supporter Zelie , Doreen (friends of Toastmasters ) and organiser Amy Sim




No comments: