Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Change your attitude ,Change your life

I like the phrase printed on this banner which read "Life favours those who see things differently". This reminds me of a saying by a business men, philanthropist, and author W.Clement Stone stated,

"There is little difference in people, but the little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative"

I began to cultivate the love of reading because my dad's simple gesture of driving us to the library every forth night and let us be for two hours. I found many adventures there and among my favourite readings, I especially loved Enid Blyton collection on "the famous five". I even had a crush on Annie, a fictional character in the book. Thanks Dad if I haven't mentioned it before.

Because I love to read, I have my own personal collection which I have been collecting though out the years since I started working. My first motivation book was The touch of Greatness by Frank Tilbolt. After reading the book, something within, stirred me up, I came to a realisation that life is about how you look at it. At that time, I had a low self esteem and do not understand why I think lowly of myself. From then on , I started collecting and absorbing ideas , thoughts on PMA (positive mental attitude).


Taking charge of my personal well being is truly an empowering and liberating feeling. The change did not happen magically. Of course, I had to work hard in overcoming my personal issues and working on my weak areas. Reading only open the mind doors of the possibility in life. It is committing to take action that is going to make transformation happen. I am still growing everyday as I continue learn from the success of others through various media tools and personal sharing.

No comments: